Columbia Personal Injury Lawyer
Helping Residents of Richland County Seek The Compensation They Deserve
When life takes an unexpected turn, and you or your loved ones face the aftermath of a personal injury, you need a dedicated legal advocate. At Finkel Law Firm LLC, we are committed to helping individuals in Columbia and surrounding areas navigate the landscape of personal injury law. Our team of professionals is ready to provide you with the guidance, support, and representation you need to secure the compensation you deserve.
Call Finkel Law Firm LLC today at (803) 470-0118 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our personal injury attorney in Columbia, SC!
Common Forms of Personal Injuries
Personal injuries can occur in various ways, and each case is unique. At Finkel Law Firm LLC, we have represented clients in a variety of injury cases, including:
- Car Accidents: Automobile collisions are among the most common causes of personal injury. Our attorneys are ready to fight for you whether you were involved in a rear-end accident, a hit-and-run incident, or a multi-vehicle pileup.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners must maintain safe premises. If you've suffered injuries due to a slip and fall caused by negligence, we can help you seek compensation.
- Medical Malpractice: When healthcare professionals fail to provide an acceptable standard of care, patients can suffer severe harm. Our team is experienced in handling medical malpractice claims to hold responsible parties accountable.
- Product Liability: Defective products can lead to severe injuries. We have a track record of pursuing product liability cases against manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.
- Dog Bites: Dog owners are liable for their pets' behavior. If you've been bitten or attacked by a dog, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
- Workplace Accidents: Injuries that happen on the job can be devastating. We assist workers in obtaining workers' compensation benefits and pursuing third-party liability claims.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Personal Injury Claim in California?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California is generally two years from the date of the injury. However, exceptions and nuances to this rule may extend or shorten the time frame, depending on the circumstances. You must consult with a knowledgeable attorney at Finkel Law Firm LLC as soon as possible after your injury to ensure you meet all applicable deadlines.
Delaying the pursuit of your claim can jeopardize your chances of recovering compensation, as crucial evidence may be lost, witnesses may become unavailable, and memories may fade. Don't let time slip away; contact us today to discuss your case.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Personal Injury Claim?
When you've been injured due to someone else's negligence, you may be permitted to various types of damages, including:
- Medical Expenses: This includes medical treatment, surgeries, hospital stays, prescription medications, and rehab.
- Lost Wages: You may be eligible to recover your income if not for the accident if your injury prevents you from working.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for emotional distress, physical pain, and a diminished quality of life caused by your injuries.
- Property Damage: You can seek reimbursement for repairs or replacement if your property was damaged in the incident.
- Loss of Consortium: In some cases, spouses or family members of the injured party may be able to recover damages for the loss of companionship, affection, and support.
- Punitive Damages: In extreme negligence or intentional harm cases, punitive damages may be awarded
How to Prove Negligence in a Personal Injury Case
Proving negligence in a personal injury case is critical for a successful claim. To establish negligence, you must demonstrate the following elements:
- Duty of Care: Show that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care. For example, drivers are responsible for operating their vehicles safely, and property owners are responsible for maintaining safe premises.
- Breach of Duty: Prove that the at-fault party breached their duty of care through negligent actions or omissions. This could involve texting while driving or failing to repair a hazardous condition on their property.
- Causation: Establish a link between the breach of duty and your injuries. You must show that the negligent actions were the proximate cause of your harm.
- Damages: Provide evidence of the damages you suffered due to the injury.
At Finkel Law Firm LLC, our attorneys have the experience and resources to investigate your case thoroughly, gather evidence, consult experts, and build a compelling argument to prove negligence on the part of the responsible party.
Contact Our Columbia Personal Injury Attorney Today
At Finkel Law Firm LLC, we understand that personal injuries can be life-altering, causing physical, emotional, and financial hardships. Our lawyers are committed to helping you navigate the complexities of personal injury law and securing the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury in Columbia or the surrounding areas, please contact us today.
Contact Finkel Law Firm LLC today to schedule a consultation with our personal injury lawyer in Columbia, SC!
Individualized Care From 20+ Attorneys
Helping clients achieve their goals is our Charleston lawyers' primary mission.
Over 50 Years Of Legal Experience
Meet the vibrant, responsible, and accomplished legal team at Finkel Law Firm, LLC.
Helping You With Your Legal Needs
We have the capacity to address a wide range of legal matters. See how we can help you.
Speak With An Attorney Today
Schedule a consultation with a Charleston lawyer to discuss your legal concerns.
Finkel Law Firm Won Gold for Best Family Law and Bronze for Best Estate Law and Law Firm
Johnny Stewart promoted to Partnership
Finkel Law Firm Announces Best Lawyers and Ones to Watch for 2024
Johnny Stewart of Finkel Law Firm - 2023 South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars