Columbia Construction Litigation Attorney
Legal Guidance from Proven Columbia Lawyers
When it comes to resolving a construction dispute, you want to ensure that you have all of the resources needed to resolve the issue timely and fairly. If a construction dispute arises, you should seek knowledgeable representation to help you navigate the construction issue that you are facing. Since 1970, Finkel Law Firm LLC has been protecting the best interests of individuals and companies. Our Columbia construction litigation attorneys represent clients in all aspects of the construction industry.
Our firm can represent any party in construction litigation issues, including:
Our Columbia lawyers understand that maintaining a solid reputation is important to ensure effective representation. From 1998 to 2006, the construction litigation team recovered more than $40 million for clients involved in construction-related disputes.
*Any results our law firm may have achieved in past cases do not imply or indicate that similar results may be had in your case. The outcome of litigation is dependent on many factual and legal circumstances that may differ in your particular case.
Types of Columbia Construction Litigation Issues
There are various types of construction disputes that can lead to litigation, including the following:
- Breach of contract: Disagreements over the terms and conditions of a contract between parties involved in the construction project.
- Construction defects: Claims regarding faulty workmanship, design errors, or the use of defective materials.
- Delay or non-performance: Disputes arising from project delays, failure to complete work on time, or failure to perform contractual obligations.
- Payment disputes: Issues related to non-payment, delayed payment, or disputes over the amount owed for services rendered or materials supplied.
- Design errors: Disputes concerning errors or omissions in the design plans or specifications provided by architects or engineers.
When construction disputes arise, our firm works with the client to determine the options available to avoid litigation if possible. Our Columbia construction litigation lawyers can work with all parties to avoid damaging important relationships. If resolution through negotiation is not a valid option, our attorneys at our firm can work to ensure that the client's rights are protected during litigation.
Our firm also handles insurance disputes and coverage litigation. Whether you are a homeowner looking to fix your home or a builder looking to enforce your rights under a commercial general liability policy, Finkel Law Firm LLC can provide the legal counsel that you need. Our attorneys are also experienced and knowledgeable in mechanic's lien litigation. If you are seeking to file a mechanic's lien or retain counsel to fight an improper lien we are experienced in protecting your rights.
What Should I Do If I Believe I Have a Construction Dispute?
If you find yourself involved in a construction dispute that may lead to litigation, consider the following steps:
- Document the issue: Gather all relevant documents, contracts, correspondence, invoices, change orders, and photographs that pertain to the dispute.
- Consult an attorney: Seek legal advice from an experienced Columbia construction litigation lawyer at Finkel Law Firm LLC who can assess your situation, explain your rights and options, and guide you through the litigation process.
- Mediation or negotiation: Explore alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation or negotiation, to try to reach a resolution before pursuing litigation.
- File a lawsuit: If other methods fail, your attorney may file a lawsuit on your behalf, initiating the formal litigation process.
What Is The Statute of Limitations for a Construction Lawsuit?
The statute of limitations refers to the time limit within which a lawsuit must be filed. In South Carolina, the statute of limitations for construction litigation can vary depending on the specific type of claim and the circumstances surrounding it. It is crucial to consult with a construction litigation lawyer in Columbia to understand the applicable statute of limitations in your specific case.
Contact Finkel Law Firm LLC online or call 843.593.0399 at your earliest convenience to speak with an experienced construction litigation attorney in Columbia, SC. Se habla Español.
Individualized Care From 20+ Attorneys
Helping clients achieve their goals is our Charleston lawyers' primary mission.
Over 50 Years Of Legal Experience
Meet the vibrant, responsible, and accomplished legal team at Finkel Law Firm, LLC.
Helping You With Your Legal Needs
We have the capacity to address a wide range of legal matters. See how we can help you.
Speak With An Attorney Today
Schedule a consultation with a Charleston lawyer to discuss your legal concerns.
Finkel Law Firm Won Gold for Best Family Law and Bronze for Best Estate Law and Law Firm
Johnny Stewart promoted to Partnership
Finkel Law Firm Announces Best Lawyers and Ones to Watch for 2024
Johnny Stewart of Finkel Law Firm - 2023 South Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars