F. Truett Nettles, II
North Charleston, South Carolina
F. Truett Nettles, II, graduated from Furman University in 1971 with a degree in Economics.
During his undergraduate studies, Mr. Nettles attended the University
of London for the fall semester of 1969. While there, he studied Contemporary
European Events, Early English Literature and Shakespeare. Mr. Nettles
graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1976.
Mr. Nettles was admitted to the SC Bar in 1976. He is also admitted to
the Bar of the US District Court for the District of South Carolina. He
is a member of the SC Bar Association, the Charleston County Bar Association,
the SC Bankruptcy Law Association and the American Bar Association. Mr.
Nettles worked as a Charleston County Assistant Solicitor, was appointed
as Magistrate for Charleston County (Summary Court) and served as Judge
of the Charleston County Small Claims Court form 1982-1984.
Mr. Nettles has been in the private practice of law since 1984, representing
clients in commercial transactions, business formation/dissolutions, sale
or purchase of business assets or mergers, collateral recovery and legal
and business advice to clients. Mr. Nettles appears frequently in bankruptcy
court on behalf of creditors. He is also involved in commercial litigation.
Mr. Nettles was an adjunct professor at the Charleston School of Law for
five years where he taught Secured Transactions and Law Office management.
Mr. Nettles has lectured on a regular basis in continuing legal education
seminars sponsored by the National Business Institute, Lohrman Enterprises
and the SC Bar Association. He lectures on commercial collection, enforcement
of judgments, bankruptcy and consumer law issues. Mr. Nettles has published
on the subject of judgment collection and garnishment of wages.
Areas of Practice:
- Business Law
- Commercial Litigation
- South Carolina, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
University of South Carolina School of Law, 1976
Furman University, 1971
University of London, 1969
- Contemporary European Events, Early English Literature and Shakespeare.
- Adjunct Professor Charleston School of Law, taught Secured Transactions
and Law Office Managment.
- National Business Institute lectured reglar basis continuing legal eductation seminars.
- Lohrman Enterprises lectured regular basis continuing legal eduction seminars.
- South Carolina Bar Association lectured regular basis continuing legal
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
- American Bar Association